New Business Director
What You’ll Do
- Lead the definition and development of new business opportunities with new and existing client stakeholders.
- Identify prospective clients and collaborate with the team to craft effective outreach initiatives to share Whipsaw’s expertise and impact.
- Lead the development and presentation of project pitches that effectively frame opportunities and articulate the steps and phases of a project to client stakeholders.
- Collaborate with members of our community and talented team to map our current expertise and identify gaps within our community to help inform business planning.
- Increase Whipsaw’s presence at industry conferences, exhibitions, and other events.
- Design new ways in which Whipsaw can deliver value and inspire client teams.
What You’ll Bring
- Experience working in a creative consulting or agency environment, delivering physical or digital product design solutions.
- Fluency in design thinking and processes.
- A strategic mindset to identify, evaluate and frame client opportunities that are aligned with Whipsaw’s expertise and business goals.
- A record of successfully identifying, pitching, and converting leads into new client accounts.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and expertise in guiding teams and supporting the learning and development of individuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in an internal and external-facing capacity.
- Proactive, creative problem solver that thrives in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Experience collaborating with multiple internal and external organizations.
- An existing network of clients and partners throughout the US, international clients a plus.
Whipsaw is a highly acclaimed strategy, industrial design, digital design, and mechanical engineering consulting firm. For over 20 years, Whipsaw has created successful products and immersive experiences for diverse industries including consumer electronics, housewares, computing, robotics, medical, scientific, and commercial products for clients such as Google, Brita, Cisco, Dell, Ford, GE, Meta, Tile, Intel, Merck, Nike, Olympus, Samsung, Sony, Uber, and Tonal. Whipsaw is renowned for its design ideology and intuitive product solutions that enrich the human experience.